2.5 hour prep time
1 hour cook time
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 Tbsp corn starch
- 2 tsp Cole & Mason Maple Ginger Spice Blend
- 1 1/2 stick of butter
- 2/3 cup powder sugar
- oil spray
- 3 1/2 Tbsp sugar
- 2 Tbsp cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp Cole & Mason Maple Ginger Spice Blend
- 5 apples (sliced)
- 4 Tbsp butter (melted)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 3 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 1/2 Tbsp cream
- 2 Tbsp butter
- Whisk together flour, cornstarch, and our Maple Ginger Spice; set aside.
- Place butter and powder sugar in a bowl and cream them together. Combine with dry ingredients until it resembles pebbles.
- Coat a tart tin with oil spray and transfer the dough into it. Press it into the pan evenly.
- Cover and chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours.
- Preheat the oven for 345° F.
- Layer apple slices to form a spiral until the entire crust cannot be seen. Cover the tart with foil and bake for 45-50 minutes.
- Remove the foil and bake for another 10 minutes.
- Allow the tart to cool and brush the glaze over the top of the apples. Serve at room temperature.
- Combine sugar, cinnamon, and our Maple Ginger Spice.
- Place apple slices in a large bowl and sprinkle the spice mix little by little.
- Drizzle melted butter and lemon juice and toss to coat.
- Combine the syrup and butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add a dash of cream and allow it to simmer until it becomes a deep caramel color.
- Leave it to cool, allow it to thicken slightly.
- When mixing the tart dough do not mind its crumbly texture, once chilled it will remained intact.