25 minute prep time
15 minute cook time
- 3 ears of corn
- 1 cup of flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup of cream
- 2 1/4 Tbsp Cole & Mason Chipotle Mango Spice Blend
- vegetable oil for frying
- salt & pepper
- 3/4 cup mayo
- 1/4 cup honey
- 3 cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 tsp paprika
- Boil a medium pot of water, cook corn for 3-4 minutes in water.
- Leave the corn to cool and carefully remove kernels with a knife.
- Whisk flour and baking powder together in a large bowl. Add the kernels into the flour mixture, coating them thoroughly.
- In separate bowls, separate egg yolks and whites. Beat the whites into soft peaks. Whisk yolks with cream until completely combined.
- Add the yolk mixture into the dry ingredients. Season with our Chipotle Mango Spice and black pepper. Gently fold in the egg whites to retain its volume.
- Pour 1/4 inch of a neutral oil into a skillet and heat until 350° F.
- Slowly drop 2 tablespoon sized amounts of batter into the the hot oil, allow them to cook 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown.
- Remove the fritters from the oil and drain them on a baking sheet lined with paper towels. Season them with salt immediately, while they are still warm.
- Make the dipping sauce and serve warm!
- Combine mayo, honey, garlic, and smoked paprika in a small bowl.
- Check if the oil is hot enough by dropping a bit of batter into the skillet, if small bubble form around the batter then the oil is ready.
- Cook no more than 5-6 fritters at the same time to maintain the heat of the oil